I have been quite busy with classes and trying to figure out what to do next year, so I still haven't had a chance to finish up the weather station. Anyway, Here's a little project that I am working on (well, waiting for switches to arrive from DX) for a class under Professor Mark Yim . As I have mentioned before, I am very inexperienced (and frankly, just bad) at mechanical design, but for this project we used a 3D Printer to make the case. The assignment was to make an LED flashlight, just as an intro to the course - expect cooler stuff in the future. I chose to make a small light that will run for a long time (~15 hours off AAA, 35 with a AA).
The circuit is basically straight out of an app note, but I don't think the IC is well embraced by the hobbyist community - I didn't see any designs out there at all, so I figured I would share. Anyway, it's very small, and I was able to keep the entire circuit small with some careful soldering. I also had tons of fun using the 3D printer. The knurling and threads came out so much better than I expected! Although i barely have time to hack, it's really nice to be at a university with all of these resources.
Click on the image to see the rest of the pictures from this project on flickr.
Introducing the Bantam Tools EggBot
10 months ago

Hi. I am neoseikan. Producer of Neofab Legion II. Would you like to introduce this light in your blog? It has 742~748 real torch lumens.
ReplyDeleteIf you are interested in it, here is a link.http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=191371
Thank you!